How Can We Help?

< All Topics

How are prepared meals paid for with a home care package?

Home Care Packages can pay for the delivery and preparation of prepared meals, but not for the food component or any part of take away food. The Department has not mandated the splint; however the industry seems to have settled on an approximate cost of 30% for the food component, leaving the remaining 70% of the cost allocated to the preparation and delivery of the prepared meals, which can be paid for by the home care package.

They must be in the care plan and budget in advance of ordering and can only be provided to the HCP recipient and not others in the home.

Depending on the meal provider used, payment can either be:

– the full 100% and claim back 70% through a reimbursement account.

– pay 30% directly to the provider, who will claim the 70% balance through Capital Guardians.

Privacy Preference Center